Sunday, June 7, 2015

Caterpillar

I had the privilege of going to a gymnastics educational clinic yesterday!  I love love love learning more about the sport from people who have been in the industry and have so much knowledge that they want to share. 

One of my favorite things about going to these clinics is being reminded of drills/games you haven't used in a while.  Such is the case with the lovely caterpillar.


One person kneels down to crawl.  Another person gets behind them and grabs their ankles.  Then they both try to crawl together to get from point A to point B.  I have used this one in parent/tot classes, all the way to team.  For parent/child classes, take turns having the parent or the child be in front.  You can vary it up by having them caterpillar up/down a cheese, across a zig zag, etc.   For team I adapted it so they need to be in a push up position and make it a longer line with more people.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment